Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator in Charleston, SC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Duties may include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
Provide analytical expertise for new requests, and for production issues reported in our existing systems (e.g. trending and root causal analysis).
• Responsible for leading some operations within an area that has significant impact on results for the system.
• Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results. Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
• Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs. Responsible for assisting and training lower level support employees.
• Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas. Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results.
• Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members. May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.). Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Strong leadership and organization skills.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies.
Demonstrated ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision.
Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution.
US Citizenship required-Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
Vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP),
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: