Leidos has a career opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This unique Systems Engineering opportunity will allow you to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24x7x365 multi-tiered support to mission-focused offices worldwide.
• Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) - Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
• Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
• Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
• Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
• Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
• Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
• Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 yrs. of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 20 years' experience as a Systems Engineer on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
• Candidate must possess of one of the following active certifications:
-Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate-Server (MCSA-Serv)
-Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
-NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA)
-XML Master Basic (XML)
-Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer (RHCSE)
-Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA)
-VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) - VCP5
-EMC Isilon Storage Professional (ICSP)
-Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
-Tibco Trained Professional-Enterprise Message Service (TTP-EMS)
-Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional (RCSP)
• Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to start the program.
**External Referral Eligible**