Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Be our next Senior Systems Engineer (Senior SE) providing technical systems engineering management in our Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA office. As our Senior SE, you will work closely with the Chief Architect, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include requirements analysis, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, and all associated documentation.
If you like doing these this could be the job for you:
- Responsible for managing and employing SE standard methods, processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve SE issues
- Work closely with the D3P chief architect, software, data, and devops engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
• Technical management and execution of engineering activities requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
• Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams
• Understand and leverage an "Enterprise Product" approach to identify 1) requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) opportunities for reuse
• Serve as an agile product owner within a System of products (creation of the product vision, to design and development, through testing and into ongoing support).
• Coordinate with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases
• Evaluate early designs compared to requirements and oversee systems engineering efforts
• Create meaningful entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder participation
• Monitor & report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Report the technical status of product development to the customer on a consistent basis
• Identify and manage external dependencies
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 10+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems- Agile software development knowledge and experience (release and sprint planning, product backlog management/refinement)- Experience designing, integrating, configuring, and testing systems - Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions. - Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities. - Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writingYou will certainly wow us even more if you also have these preferred qualifications!- Experience employing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology- Experience and domain knowledge related to Big Data technologies (e.g. CDH, ELK) - Experience with big data applications (e.g. Hadoop and Elastic Search)- Advanced technical degree or software development/process certifications.- Experience with software systems integration, incremental software development and EVMS (Earned Value Management System)More about our Program: The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.Know someone who can do this job? Refer them and if they get hired you make $2000. Learn how hereASG/SPOExternal Referral EligibleD3P