Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in North Charleston, SC.
The Software Systems Engineer will be supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS)
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division.
The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
• Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
• Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system
• Initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system• Providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
• Bachelor's of science degree in the technology field from an accredited college/university. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 4+ years of experience with mission operations and elicitation of analytic needs in the intelligence arena.• Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+ and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems.
• Experience/training with Blade Servers.
• Experience/training with VMware.• Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-4 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions.
• Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows XP/7, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V.
• Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
• Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Stationbackground.
• Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVICsystems).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.