Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference by supporting the warfighter? Do you thrive in a fast paced, impact driven environment?
Leidos has a career opening for a Technical Project Manager at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This PM will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities for complex high-visibility DoD global programs. This role provides senior project leadership and manages projects to drive operational service level agreement compliance, project improvements, performance analysis and improvement, configuration management control, and milestone completion. The PM is responsible for stakeholder engagement and communications and will interact with senior leadership - both internal and external.
• Manage multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish.
• Oversee all project actions including milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
• Provide day-to-day functional management of a matrixed, multi-disciplined, and geographically dispersed team.
• Coordinate project employee recruitment, selection, training, and salaries.
• Identify and manage issues, risks, dependencies.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts and accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks.
• Report project status to executive leadership (internal and external).
• Create, document, and execute action plans.
• Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance, budget and schedule.• Some travel may be required (5%).
• Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience can be substituted for a degree.
• 4+ years' experience in technical project/program management.
• Proven ability to make decisions and escalate when needed.
• Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (to include Microsoft Project).
• You must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Top Secret or TS/SCI Security clearance.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Master's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline.
• ITIL certification.
External Referral Eligible