LEIDOS is currently searching for a senior-level Training Lead to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD's leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The Training Lead is responsible for the day to day project management of a training team which will provide an extensive and complex set of training content development tasks and training delivery tasks, in addition to the management of training processes, identifying training needs, and resolving training problems. In this role you will serve as the manager and liaison between our internal team and the client to ensure that all targets and requirements are completed on schedule and within scope. This position provides expertise in support of training operations of the EHR system. Recommends solutions to ensure the effectiveness of the DoD health care delivery to optimize productivity and efficient utilization of resources.
More specifically, the Training Lead's primary role and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Become the Government's major point of contact for training and provide overall leadership and guidance for all Leidos and its partner personnel assigned to that area on the program.
• Responsible for managing all aspects of the Leidos training for the MHS GENESIS system including the management of all Leidos and subcontractor professionals to create and deliver training content.
• Develop and manage the overall training roadmap as well as plan, manage and support client go-lives.
• Conduct needs analysis, custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
• Prepare instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids).
• Prepare student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms).
• Prepare reports and monitor training tasks in support of the goals of the Contractor Program Manager and the government sponsor(s) using standard training standards and software and hardware programs such as modeling and simulation and prototyping efforts.
• Provide input to the Project Lead and the Contractor Program Manager on which decisions for training validation and or modifications of specified items or systems can be corrected. Commensurate education and experience.
• Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined training policies, procedures and organizational goals in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Establish and maintain the Training Control Account Plan, including developing resource assignments, and identifying/documenting schedule and riskVerification and control of costs charged to the Training Control Account.
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Experience in technology or health companies is highly preferred.
• Experience in large scale Health IT deployment projects
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels.
• Ability to analyze data and information and make recommendations to program management.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadline.
Working knowledge of EVMS, scheduling processes, and integration of EVMS processes with Risk Management
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management