Leidos is looking for people experienced in providing engineering program analysis. This position supports Leidos' role within the nation's nuclear deterrence mission as support contractor to the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Washington, D.C.
The Principal Program Business Analyst will provide analysis and planning within the DOE PPBE system including cost engineering alternatives analysis. This person will provide situational analysis to the Tritium and Materials Management Federal Program Manager, located in the NNSA Albuquerque offices. This person will advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, budget, cost, and program integration and assist in advocating and representing the program's interests at NNSA headquarters.
Specific duties include:
• Identifying, assessing, and analyzing program impacts from a cost and budget perspective to inform the PPBE planning process on a 10-year horizon.
• Communicating complex program and budget planning issues to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Performing cost engineering projections for proposed alternative program approaches.
• Facilitating program meetings and discussions.
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master's degree.
• 13 or more years of program and business management experience in related endeavors.
• Familiarity with using project management tools and techniques, e.g., EVM.
• Experience managing interdisciplinary technical and business teams.
• Experience with cost estimating, cost/benefit analysis, and the DOE PPBE process.
• Proficiency in budget and cost analysis tools, e.g., Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing and delivering briefings for senior and executive managers and facilitating high level technical discussions.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Program Management Institute certification as a program management professional (PMP)
• Prior staff experience with NNSA.
• Nuclear power production or nuclear weapon experience.