The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a MCEN Transition Manager in the National Capital Region. Exact position location within the NCR to be determined.
JOB SUMMARY: Leidos is seeking a Transition Manager who will lead the As-Is Transition of the Department of Navy (DON) Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI) to the US Navy Next Generation Enterprise Network Recompete (NGEN-R) contract to Leidos from the incumbent contractor. As part of the As-Is Transition Phase-in, the NMCI Transition Manager will ensure Leidos personnel is in place with required knowledge and appropriate access to tools, systems, and activities necessary for the transition of NMCI augmented staffing and work-in-progress (projects, open tickets, etc.) from the incumbent over to Leidos. Additionally, the NMCI Transition Manager will lead the development Transition Phase-Out planning for the transition of the entire scope of NGEN-R services and service management to a successor contractor to include staffing, artifacts, infrastructure, models, processes, licenses, assets, facilities and tools.
• Lead the planning of all associated activities necessary for the transition of services, licenses, tools, infrastructure, assets, and facilities from the incumbent contractor to Leidos.
• Lead the development and submission of contract deliverables such as Transition Phase-In Plans, Transition Readiness Review packages, and Transition Phase-Out plans.
• Lead the development and submission of a Transition Phase-out Plan to include details of phase-out for each transition project, as appropriate.
• Lead the preparation of the Transition Phase-out Plan and Phase-out Plan execution.
• Collaborate with Regional and Global Network Operations and Security Centers to provide situational awareness.
• Document and present Capture lessons learned during Transition Phase-In.
• Lead kick-off meetings between Leidos, as-is staff, and Government leadership at regional sites for assured awareness of activities and actions to facilitate the transition.
• Participate in the transition meetings with the Government and the incumbent contractor.
• Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Specific experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Demonstrated experience managing large-scale contract transitions and associated transition of services.
• Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK or SDLC.
• Demonstrated understanding of ITIL Service Design and/or Service Transition processes.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Prior Navy NGEN or NMCI experience delivering transition or system migration services and support.
• Prior USMC or MCEN experience.
• PMP Certification.
• ITIL Certification.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Defense & Intel