The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a NMCI Enterprise Service and Multi-Vendor Coordination Manager in the National Capital Region. Exact position location within the NCR to be determined.
Leidos is seeking a NMCI Enterprise Service and Multi-Vendor Coordination Manager to liaise between multiple vendors, contractors, and service providers on the Department of Navy (DON) Next Generation Enterprise Network Recompete (NGEN-R) contract. Multi-Provider Coordination (Seam Management) is the management, integration and coordination between multiple suppliers of IT services. The Multi-Vendor Coordination Manager will ensure optimal business value, encourage innovation and promote consistent and seamless end-to-end services to Navy Enterprise Network (NEN) customers. In addition, the Multi-Vendor Coordination Manager will lead the development, implementation, and continual improvement of cross-supplier plans, processes and procedures to ensure coordinated service delivery, including, but not limited to, NEN service catalog management, change and configuration management, incident and problem management.
• Serve as the Leidos primary representative and liaison manager between multiple contractors, service providers, and vendors throughout the entire service lifecycle.
• Lead the development, maintenance, and execution of an effective Service Integration and Management (SIAM) or Multi-Sourcing Integration (MSI) framework in coordination with the Government for managing supplier performance and improving consistency in service levels.
• Define, manage, and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for each service supported by appropriate cross-supplier agreements and procedures using Master Service Agreements, Operational Level Agreements, Service Level Agreements, and Terms and Conditions.
• Manage end-to-end service performance across multiple contractors, service providers, and vendors.
• Participate in program process development ensuring processes account for all aspects of Multi-Vendor Coordination are accounted for.
• Facilitate dispute resolution.
• Manage the monitoring and enforcement of performance controls within a multiple contractor, service provider, and vendor environment.
• Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Specific experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing coordination of multiple vendors in an enterprise environment.
• Proven experience managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Experience utilizing project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK, ITIL or SDLC.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Prior Navy NGEN or NMCI experience delivering transition or system migration services and support.
• PMP Certification.
• ITIL Certification.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Defense & Intel