Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Data Science Instructor to work in the Northern Virginia area supporting one of our customers by providing course design, development, and instruction on programming languages and tools used in data science to include, but not limited to, Anaconda, Python, R, NetLogo, Jupyter Notebook (IPython Notebook), and other programming languages and tools as needed.
The successful candidate will design and develop courses to support instructor-led and/or e-learning courses. The Sr. Data Science Instructor will conduct research necessary to develop and revise the data science skills curriculum, as well as tailor learning for unique in-house applications. The Sr. Instructor will have the opportunity to directly assist with the organization's data science understanding and growth by working with stakeholders and experts to assess current and future learning needs and leverage their skills to incorporate the changes occurring in the data science and programming communities into the learning curriculum to meet current and evolving skills and needs. The Sr. Instructor will have demonstrated a strong background in both programming and instruction, possess a high level of attention to detail, exhibit strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively work with a matrixed team of co-instructors, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and support professionals.
• Identify training and documentation requirements
• Produce training and documentation plan
• Prepare all instructor materials (Course outline, background material, and training aids) and keep them current
• Prepare all student materials (Course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, course critique forms) and keep them current
• Facilitate learning opportunities and instruct personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars
• Conduct needs analysis for future digital skills training requirements
• Infuse the latest digital trends and technology into the curriculum
• Collect, analyze, and apply training metrics to enhance learning program
• Make recommendations for new programming learning opportunities/courses
• Must possess and maintain a current TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
• Bachelor's Degree and 12 - 15 years of prior experience or a Master's Degree with 10 - 13 years of prior experience.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of direct, related work experience, training, and certifications.
• Extensive experience or training related to programming applications and languages, to include, but not limited to, Python, R, NetLogo, and Jupyter Notebook.
• Ability to effectively deliver technical training and mentor students.
• High aptitude in learning technology tools and applications.
• Extensive experience teaching adults, especially at the beginner level.
• Experience designing and developing technical training materials.
• Experience with MS Office tools and MS SharePoint, and familiarity with training/collaboration tools like Joomla or Wordpress, Bluescape, Camtasia, etc.
• Familiarity or experience on techniques analysts can use data science tools and related programming languages to gain new insights.
• Familiarity with copyright and ADA 508 compliance
• Experience creating multimedia learning content and eLearning courses