No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
We are looking for a Document Management Analyst (DMA)/Fact Witness Analyst for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Houston. The DMA will perform moderately complex records management or litigation support tasks, including, detailed indexing of case files, drafting procedures for accomplishing assignments, and shall perform a variety of tasks related to witness management to include, maintain witness files, complete and process travel vouchers, arrange travel and lodging, enter data in relevant computer systems, and other witness management related duties.
Tasks include: Provide witness management assistance prior to, during, and after trial. Typical assignments include: work directly with fact witnesses, provide assistance and support to ensure appearance for court; Handle inquiries and coordinate travel arrangements for fact witnesses seeking information; Confer with AUSA concerning fact witness appearance and special circumstances regarding witnesses; Develop quick reference guides and make training recommendations to Victim Witness Staff regarding witness travel management program; Meet with fact witnesses and perform courtroom orientation, accompany witness to court; Maintain centralized database of all Fact Witness Vouchers submitted through FAST for the entire district; Reconcile Government Travel Accounts. Obtain information, confer, and coordinate with the Court, court security, U.S. Marshals Service and investigative agencies regarding specific witness issues - communicates with Probation, Pretrial, and other counterparts, when necessary; Compose original letters that require a good working knowledge of legal procedures and specialized terminology relevant to fact witness laws and regulations; Perform general office procedures pertaining to fact witness management; if requested, establish and maintain calendar and/or database of active and pending fact witness appearances; track hearings, trial dates, grand jury and scheduling conferences; perform other administrative and logistical fact witness management related duties as required/assigned.
- One year of experience working on records management or litigation support projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Excellent writing skills and oral communication skills required.
- Should be a knowledgeable user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems and have hands-on familiarity with the Government's data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC based database ad other applications, server-based database and other applications.
- Ability to review and analyze data and information from multiple sources
- Ability to establish case/project files
- Ability to enter and retrieve data from databases
- Ability to prepare and format management reports
- Ability to manipulate, transfer, compute and print information
- Ability to prepare and correct reports and correspondence using word processing software
- Ability to schedule appointments
- Ability to answer inquiries regarding case-related information as maintained in the database & answer inquiries regarding case-related status
- Ability to obtain additional information from other agencies/organizations
- Ability to maintain internal status information on the disposition of designated information, files, and assets
- Ability to assure information is accurate and perform analytical computations necessary to process data
- Ability to provide administrative information and assistance concerning case or file to other agencies or organizations
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SCA General Clerk