No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos is looking for a Law Clerk in Washington, DC in support of the Civil Rights Division. Responsibilities include: Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal or a Project Supervisor. Performs complex legal research for the trial staff. Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Law degree or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Complex legal writing sample must be provided
- Must be a US Citizen, and must be able to obtain a NACI clearance