Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist candidate to support a customer program in Chantilly, VA. Must be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI level security clearance. Must be willing to take a polygraph if required by the customer.
The Data Scientist will work closely with other team personnel and mission users who support the TCPED process and are investigating the use of complex data sets to drive solutions and/or tradecraft developments against intelligence questions and mission requirements. Devises modeling and measuring techniques; utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines. Identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address intelligence problems of limited scale as directed. Provide documentation for methods and algorithms use in data science solutions to the client and address outstanding items. The data scientist shall have strong developer skills in order to integrate geospatial capabilities into proposed mission and tradecraft workflow solutions. Additionally, they shall support the development of interfaces among geospatial tools which facilitate the automation of analytical workflows. Must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree with three or more years of data science experience, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance. Must be willing to take a polygraph if required by the customer.
- Spatial and non-spatial database and data modeling knowledge (e.g., PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Accumulo, GeoWave, MongoDB, Oracle/Spatial)
- Demonstrated ability to write scripts for modeling processes, repeatability, efficiency, knowledge capture, hypothesis testing and process automation for data mining and modeling techniques
- Use statistical, mathematical, machine learning, and other relevant concepts and techniques to solve complex analysis issues and understand concepts associated with structured data and relational databases
- Ability to pull, compare, contrast, merge, extract, research, de-conflict, extrapolate, and portray data, geospatially, from multiple databases • Knowledge of web services protocols, including but not limited to Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and ESRI REST services
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS and/or Amazon C2S
- Demonstrated experience working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other Platform-as-a-Service solutions
- Demonstrated experience standing up cloud environments for software usage, data storage, and web development
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel