We are seeking recent grads to join our team!
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research Scientist to work at Kirtland
AFB, NM. This is an exciting
opportunity to work at government locations primarily on Kirtland AFB, NM
in laboratory settings engaging in research and development of new and
innovative high power microwave (HPM) sources and antennas. The work will
include interacting with scientists, engineers and technicians to design and
model new systems, develop test infrastructures, conduct laboratory tests ,
analyze test results, and write and present test summary reports and scientific
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will work in a new laboratory
with modern equipment to bring innovative ideas to the field of high power
microwave (HPM) research and development.
- The successful candidate will design, model, test, and
characterize high power microwave sources, including magnetrons, vircators and
unique sources, and innovative narrowband and broadband antenna concepts and
- The candidate will work daily with other scientists, and
engineers and technicians.
- The candidate may also design, develop and field
diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to characterize sources and
- The candidate will attend weekly meetings and provide
status updates on work activities.
- The candidate will provide written reports and PowerPoint
slides to present finding and innovative solutions.
- BS in Physics or Electrical Engineering and 1-2 years
experience working in a laboratory
- Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise
test summary reports
- Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance, US
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using HFSS or CST, 3D CAD software such as
SolidWorks, and MatLab