This is where your legacy begins!
The Advanced Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Scientist / Senior Scientist - Computational Biology to work in our San Diego, California office. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated computational biologist for advanced technology programs focused on molecular biology, genetics / genomics, systems biology, synthetic biology, and bioinformatics. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative scientists can thrive working on a diverse array of multidisciplinary projects. The group has an immediate need for someone with strong skills in systems-level data integration (NGS-derived) and predictive statistical modeling.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or support on-going and future efforts to characterize changes in multiple-omics profiles under different conditions.
- Develop statistical and machine learning-based models to leverage new insight into biological systems from -omics data (e.g., genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics).
- Contribute to the development of novel applications in support of government-funded efforts in the areas of synthetic and systems biology.
- Effectively communicate research in team meetings, progress reports, peer-reviewed publications, and patents.
- Quickly adapt to evolving research needs, rapidly acquire new scientific knowledge and stay informed on new technologies.
- Work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team consisting of biologists, chemists, mathematicians, statisticians, and engineers.
- Follow sound scientific practices and maintain effective documentation of activities and analyses.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or related discipline with 5 years of technical experience (technical experience obtained during graduate or postdoctoral work can be counted towards total years of experience).
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience processing, analyzing and integrating multiple NGS-based data sets.
- Linux scripting abilities and working knowledge of at least one program language (e.g., R, Perl, Python, C++).
- Strong background in statistics / machine learning applied to systems-level data types.
- Strong background in Biology.
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with people from diverse areas and disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Integration of multiple -omics platform data
- Network analysis
- Development of predictive statistical models
- Understanding of Molecular Biology / Genetics assays- Synthetic Biology experience
- Population Genetics / Evolutionary Biology experience
- Possess US government Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: