No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
The Security & Transportation Technologies Division (S&TT) within the Homeland Security Solutions Operation of Leidos has an immediate need for a Division F&BO Director. The S&TT business is primarily focused on developing, delivering and maintaining scanning and detection security products, most notably our VACIS and Reveal product lines, to commercial, international and federal government customers.
The Division F&BO Director will direct the Division's financial function and drive fiscal performance in line with the Division's overall business and strategic objectives. The Division F&BO Director will work closely with the VP, Division Manager to ensure that business strategies and plans are implemented, forecasts and plans are developed and continually monitored, and that financial objectives are achieved. This position will report to the Homeland Security Solutions Operation CFO, Operations F&BO Director with a strong dotted line to the S&TT VP, Division Manager, and act as a key member of the finance leadership within the Company.
The Division F&BO Director will partner with the S&TT VP, Division Manager in developing and implementing the Division's business strategy, and will also provide financial insights, enabling the Division leadership to make the appropriate decisions in the execution of the business strategy. The Division F&BO Director will also be responsible for providing the S&TT VP, Division Manager and the leadership team with key financial information and operational analytics.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as advisor and strategic partner with regards to business planning, profitability, growth targets and revenue goals.
• Develop processes to assess, monitor and mitigate business and financial risks within the business
• Identify and implement operational improvements, and ensure processes are in place to continually monitor cost and margin performance drivers.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Division's financial operations, including accounting, expense control, financial planning, and cash flow management.
• Ensure the organization maintains compliance with all established accounting and financial policies, regulations, processes and agreements.
• Oversee the budgeting/forecasting process and support associated requests and financial estimates.
• Participate in building a culture that is team-oriented and committed to professional excellence.
• Manage, mentor and develop finance staff and direct training and development to ensure that all functional resources are in alignment with organizational needs.
• Provide leadership in partnering with enterprise shared services for functional support services to the S&TT Division
• BA/ BS degree in finance, accounting or related field, CPA certification and/or advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant financial management experience in positions of increasing authority
• The ability to analyze financials and advise senior management on financial and strategic issues.
• Proven track record of growing revenue, improving profit margins, and providing financial support for complex financial transactions, including international operations.
• Experience and training in the areas of generation of financial statements, internal controls, performance reporting and evaluation, budget development, and supervision of staff.
• Thorough knowledge of FAR, CAS and GAAP
• Characteristics necessary for success include: analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills; the ability to create consensus-based support for strategic initiatives and processes, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with senior management and peers. Candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with all levels of management.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: