Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a EVM-Lite / Cost -Schedule Lead, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to interpret and effectively communicate program needs, manage time / cost / scope / performance in a EVM lite environment, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
Under the direction of the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, the Project Coordinator manages all project elements of the program (and related projects). These include:
• Advanced understanding of project planning that includes cost, schedule, risk, change control management, etc.
• Proven financial, cost, and schedule analytical skills.
• Planner/scheduler will be responsible for establishing and coordinating business rhythms required to accomplish program control, analyses and forecasting objectives across a portfolio of programs with a particular focus on resource management using the MS Project Server tool.
• Develop and maintain a program level IMS as well as detailed functional area schedules that include O&M activities
• On a weekly basis, perform QA in consultation with the Project Managers on scheduled project management tasks, including monitoring project progress using MS Project Server
• Ensure that new project schedules are resource loaded. The planner will be responsible for collecting and implementing schedule status, providing critical path analysis, implementing baseline changes, and preparing reporting with regard to resource utilization on a monthly basis.
• Experience creating and maintaining MS Project Plans/schedules in a MS Project Server/MS SharePoint environment. Ability to develop complex queries to support schedule development and maintenance. Utilizing applicable project management tools like MS Project Server, the planner will implement network logic and measurement methods to perform critical path and risk analyses.
• Communicate schedule impacts and propose corrective actions to applicable stakeholders. Be prepared to present the master schedule as required during Program/Project Management meetings.
• Establish and enforce schedule guidelines for functional areas
BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
• Master level capability with Microsoft Project with the ability to build a range of project, program, and integrated master schedules.
• Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
• Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively.
• Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
• Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
• Self-starter, self-managed, and team player.
Broad understanding of developing and building IT technologies in network and cloud services.
Information technology based concepts, hardware, and software knowledge.
Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
Agile-based knowledge and skill.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: