The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Risk Manager in the National Capital Region. Exact position location within the NCR to be determined.
Leidos is seeking a Risk, Issues, and Opportunity Manager to provide support and subject matter expertise in the identification of operational risks for the Department of Navy (DON) Next Generation Recompete (NGEN-R) contract. The Risk, Issues, and Opportunity Manager will have overall responsibility for the evaluation and development of effective internal controls and audits and provide recommendations to manage and mitigate operational risks for the Navy Marine Corp Intranet and the Marine Corp Enterprise Network (MCEN).
• Serve as the Leidos primary representative responsible for managing and tracking identified risks, issues, and opportunities to ensure the overall success of the NGEN-R contract.
• Provide leadership and direction on the required approach to proactively identify, assess, monitor, and manage operational risks within the DON enterprise and develop strategies for effective mitigation, avoidance, transfer, or acceptance as appropriate.
• Manage the development and execution of a Risk, Issue and Opportunity Management Plan (RMP).
• Lead the development of a life cycle management risk mitigation process that safeguards against the implementation of counterfeit material in the Navy Enterprise Networks (NEN) environments.
• As part of contract transition, leads the performance of an initial risk assessment and document results in the risk assessment report (RAR).
• Perform independent reviews and evaluations to ensure risks, issues, and opportunities are appropriately documented, tracked, evaluated, and managed or mitigated in accordance with the RMP.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field with 12+ years of relevant experience.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to challenge the functional areas on operational risk as well as the ability to convey risk exposure and requirements. • Demonstrated experience implementing operational risk methodologies and performing risk assessments including issue management and other related activities. • Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Prior Navy NGEN or NMCI experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel