The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an Outreach and Strategic Communications Analyst position in Bethesda, MD.
1) Produce and disseminate public facing articles or other media in support of Sponsor public affairs and outreach. Manage website content for the Sponsor website. Produce an internal Sponsor newsletter and other internal and external publications as required;
2) Manage, edit and update Sponsor website information content;
3) Prepare speeches, presentations, and communications products for Sponsor officials. Ensure that all external presentations prepared for Sponsor officials are consistent with IC policy and appropriate classification requirements;
4) Support the pre-publication and classification review process for materials to be released outside Sponsor. Support the Public Affairs Office in providing content to Intelligence Community publications, and CI and security speechwriting support;
5) Assist in providing communications and planning support to senior Sponsor officials at speaking engagements and external meetings. Liaise with members of the public and private sector for meetings in support of CI awareness efforts as required;
6) Provide support, as required, to the Sponsor's Partner Engagement and Legislative Affairs activities in support of Sponsor or to respond to Congressional inquiries. Prepare briefing books for Congressional hearings or other major events for Sponsor officials;
7) Prepare speeches, talking points, presentations, and communications products for the Sponsor officials that are consistent with IC policy, Sponsor public policy, and appropriate classification requirements;
8) Support the Public Affairs Office in providing content to Intelligence Community publications. Support, as required, to the Partner Engagement Office and Office of Legislative Affairs in support of Sponsor or in response to Congressional inquiries.
10 years or High School/GED + 8 years or Associate + 6 years or Bachelors + 4 years or Masters + 2 years or Doctorate (PhD)
• Minimum five (5) years' experience working in the IC (civilian and/or military components) with knowledge of IC organizations, relationships, and practices. These five (5) years may be concurrent with the requisite years of work experience.
Currently posses an active Poly.
• Demonstrated expertise in supporting U.S. Federal Government outreach and strategic communications.
• Extensive experience with conducting in-depth policy research in a variety of areas (e.g., IT, security, human resources, information management, privacy, Intelligence/Counterintelligence).
• Excellent presentation, facilitation, and oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, grammar, and editorial skills, with attention to detail.
• Extensive experience facilitating working groups to resolve complex policy issues.
• Extensive experience creating professional policy products.
• Extensive experience with balancing a diverse workload in order to meet changing and competing requirements, and advanced capacity to prioritize or recommend priorities and courses of action to the customer.
• Advanced skills using MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Pro).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Conference and Event Planning
Defense & Intel