The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an anticipated opening for a Property Controller to support
a client's requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Alice Springs area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Property Controller will be responsible to track and maintain all data relevant government-furnished property (GFE) and Leidos owned property, including (but not limited to) location tracking, international trade (ITAR) compliance codes,
maintenance data, warranty data and current software load if applicable. The Property Controller will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and
support to the IC community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversight of property control activities to ensure continuous accountability of government and company property in accordance with governing regulations and policies.
• Assisting the logistics team in resolving equipment configuration questions and ensuring parent/child relationships are accurately reflected on the property record.
• Maintain 100% accountability over inventories of all program assets.
• Manage government property control and ensure consumable supplies are maintained to
provide a constant support to the program.
• Maintain control of government property records and constantly monitor consumable supply
usage rates and reorder trigger points.
• Update government and corporate property hand-receipts with asset location changes
• Monitor purchasing, inventory control system and property records to ensure they accurately reflect inventory transactions, movement and relief of stewardship.
• Perform quality control checks of purchasing and property records to ensure required data fields are accurate and complete and that supporting documentation has been recorded and uploaded to corporate enterprise systems.
• Plan and conduct internal audits and supporting external corporate or Government property audits.
• Participate in risks assessments and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
• Prepare reports for Division management and Government customers.
• Prepare all requests, DRMO/S turn-ins and hand receipt transfers in accordance with governing regulations and corporate policies.
• Use varied approaches to resolve or collaborate on project or program issues.
• Support the program with shipping items from OCONUS to CONUS and between OCONUS locations. Receive, catalogue and inventory items from vendors, customers, additional contractors, etc.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• BS degree and 6+ years of directly related logistics experience or 8 years of overall logistics experience without a degree.
• TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
• Prior corporate experience managing Government property using a compliant inventory system (SAP)
• Experience in interpreting and complying with FAR Part 45 and 52.245-1 requirements
• Experience in the ten life cycle property management outcomes: acquisition, receipt, records, physical inventory, subcontractor control, reports, relief of stewardship, utilization, maintenance and property closeout.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Prior experience with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) audits
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Ability to integrate the separate functions in planning or implementing an overall property management program.
• Exercise property management functions to include record maintenance, accountability storage and disposal functions.
• Perform supply/inventory management-program functions including, but not limited to, determination of requirements, distribution and redistribution of items, supply fund management, procurement authorization, disposition of excess property, provide
reconciliation of inventory balances with physical counts and other supply functions.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including (but not limited to) Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both internal to Leidos and external (military/government customer, etc.), both written and oral.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Specialized certificate in US Government property management, logistics, and HAZMAT certified preferred.
• Prior property control experience in support of the U.S. military or DoD contractor is a plus.
• Previous experience with local mission domains and customer base is highly desired.
• Familiarity with national systems missions and concepts.
• Continuous service improvement or process improvement experience.
• Typically requires a BS degree and 6+ years of directly related logistics experience or 8 years of overall logistics experience without a degree.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel