The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Logistics TARP Representative in Norfolk, VA.
Logistics TARP Representative to support the Technical Assistance for Repairables Processing (TARP) Program sponsored and funded under a contract with NAVSUP Weapons Systems Support (WSS). This is an independent duty position to provide Depot Level Repairable (DLR) support to US Navy, and Marines Corps. The successful candidate will provide coaching, mentoring, and education in PHS&T and supply retrograde procedures to USN/USMC/Coast Guard Supply personnel (Naval and Marine Aviation, Maritime and Ground Marine) to include all material condition codes of Depot Level Repairable (DLR) and Secondary Repairables(SECREPS), asset processing, packaging and protection support and assistance, process improvement, documentation, and operational reporting.
• Operating an Advanced Traceability and Control (ATAC) nodeto ensure the proper P700-CNP packaging and handling and shipping of all DLR's back to required CONUS repair and storage depots or pack-up kit managers..
• Act as the SOUTHCOM area resident TARP Representative. In this capacity act as the area Logistics Support Representative (LSR) to assist all ships visiting the area with logistics requirements outside the scope of the established Husbanding Contract.
• Assist CVN/LHD Beach Detachments with logistics.
• Independently determine PHS&T discrepancies and inefficiencies and identify necessary remediation requirements.
• Develop and implement necessary POAMs to correct/improve current activity practices recommending improvements to the appropriate chain of command.
• Provide expert advice in the areas of PHS&T techniques, resource support, facilities layout, and utilization, packaging materials and equipment, handling including container utilization, storage, transportation, and retrograde system infrastructure.
• Monitor and analyze assigned unit/ship/shore station's eRMS database and supply posture to ensure 100% carcass accountability, minimize additional damage to repairables during transit, and provide for efficient and accurate In-Transit-Visibility (ITV)/proof of delivery.
• Document program activities, establish logistics guidance, conduct supportability analyses, establish support concepts, and provide the continued planning necessary to ensure effective and economical support for the program.
External Referral Eligible
• Minimum twenty years work experience as a Storekeeper or Navy Aviation Storekeeper (Logistics Specialist) or as an Aviation Logistics Marine with experience in PHS&T Logistical Readiness, Transportation management, customer service operations, training support, hazardous material handling, and/or process review support.
• Prior enlisted/officer military service and experience as an E-8 or above (an E-7 will be considered if extensive DLR management experience can be demonstrated).
• Physically capable to travel remote locations to support Marine logistics operations.
• U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• College level courses taken in logistics or courses completed through the DOD School of Military Packaging Technology (SMPT) are desired and will be required upon selection if not possessed.
• Secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel