Leidos' corporate Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) organization is seeking a Senior Strategic Planner in support of Leidos' corporate and group strategic planning initiatives. This position will be located at the Leidos headquarters in Reston, Virginia, with an option for teleworking.
This role will be responsible for assisting the corporate and group BD&S teams with defining, communicating, and implementing strategic direction, in part by mapping Leidos capabilities to external market dynamics in order to drive increasing shareholder value. This role will require strong proficiency in the federal government contracting environment and associated competitive landscape. The ideal candidate will have previously served in corporate strategy, corporate development, or Group (profit-and-loss) strategic development positions and have experience in Group (profit-and-loss) management.
• As a member of the Leidos corporate strategy team, the position supports the development and implementation of the overall corporate strategy and provides the market research and analysis in order to inform the decision-making process.
• Partners with the Executive Leadership Team to provide research and analysis to support strategic decision-making and situational awareness
• Partners with Corporate Development / M&A SVP by investigating and evaluating potential targets for mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
• Partners with Group Strategy VPs to support the development and implementation of each Group's strategic plan and provides the market research and analysis in order to support decision-making.
• Partners with Strategic Account Executives (SAEs) to provide customer analysis to include priorities, budget, and spending trends.
• Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
• Manages and fully leverages cross-business Industry Associations to maximum enterprise benefit.
• Develop and implements Strategy Communication and Cascade process to ensure all Leidos employees are aware of Corporate and Group strategies, align with strategies relevant to their roles, and are energized by the future direction of Leidos.
• Partner with Investor Relations and Media Relations to ensure consistent communication framework to all stakeholders (employees, shareholders, customers, community/media.)
• Manages relationships with strategy consultants (Bain, McKinsey, RSA, Avascent, JP Morgan, Beacon, CEB, etc.) and leverages for enterprise benefit.
• Supports Corporate events and requests such as the Strategic Advisory Group, Leidos Board of Directors meetings, Investor briefings, and CEO presentations.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 15 years of Strategy or Business Development related experience in government contracting
• Familiarity with federal government market research subscriptions (BGOV, DACIS, GovWinIQ)
• Expert knowledge of federal budget, spending, and acquisition process
• Ability to dissect complex issues, analyze data, and draw insights to inform decisions
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated capability in and familiarity with market research, competitive, and financial analysis
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management and teammates
• Skills required: PowerPoint, Mekko Graphics, Excel, Word, research subscription knowledge (BGOV, DACIS, GovWinIQ)
• Background in line organizations, managing profit and loss (P&L) or financial planning & analysis (FP&A)
• Capabilities in commercial market and/or International market and competitive analysis (in addition to US Federal)
• Leadership skills to develop, organize, and execute strategic initiatives
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: