Leidos has a career opening for a Desktop Publisher located in Chantilly, VA.
The Desktop Publisher is an expert who prepares documents, provides proposal planning and logistics support, coordinates publishing resources, and coordinates document production to support proposal development, reviews, and delivery. This includes working closely with the proposal manager and proposal team to review the Request for Proposal (RFP) and identify proposal deliverables; ensuring the proposal team has adequate supplies; developing the Proposal Production Plan; developing text templates that comply with RFP instructions; maintaining configuration management; integrating graphics and formatting documents for color reviews, preparing PDF review copies, and merging reviewers' comments; preparing documents for final management review; coordinating final document production including final formatting, preparing tabs, and printing; preparing electronic copies; and supporting boxing and shipping.
• Read and interpret RFP requirements to ensure compliance with font, type size, margins, and other proposal submission requirements
• Format proposals and other documents to support business development initiatives, including white papers, ad-hoc projects and reports, and visual presentations in PowerPoint
• Electronically create and format visually appealing Microsoft Word and Excel documents in compliance with RFP requirements
• Prepare a Proposal Production Plan to ensure compliance with proposal delivery requirements
• Maintain configuration management of documents and deliverables in SharePoint
• Provide logistics support to the proposal team (supplies, reproduction)
• Help coordinate and schedule other publications support (editing, graphic artist)
• Perform visual Quality Assurance (QA) inspection of all proposal deliverables
• Coordinate hardcopy reproduction of proposal deliverables
• Prepare electronic files
• Support hardcopy and electronic delivery in coordination with Proposal Manager and Contract Manager
• Assist with other administrative tasks, as required
• High school and 5+ years of related experience.
• Expert in Microsoft Word, including developing MS Word templates and applying styles. Skilled in formatting Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint documents.
• Skilled in Adobe Acrobat Pro for creating PDFs, and comparing and merging files
• Experience in proposal preparation, coordination, and reproduction
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with proposal leaders, proposal authors, and Business Development personnel
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends, as required, to meet proposal review and delivery schedule
• Ability to meet company attendance policy
• Must have an active Top Secret SCI security clearance with CI Poly
• Experience in PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and other Creative Suite software
• College or formal design training preferred