No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Civil Group of Leidos Corporation is seeking a full-time Strategic Planner to work with the Facilities, Engineering, Maintenance, and Construction team supporting the Antarctic Support Contract. We are seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. The Strategic Planner will be expected to exercise independence and judgment and receive only general supervision from senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs professional work related to variety of planning assignments to include site analysis, user questionnaire development, and workshop facilitation.
- Manages complex planning studies including campus master plans, community or city master plans, and site development studies.
- Oversee production of project planning products, familiar with Life Cycle Analysis methods.
- Develop long, mid and short-range facility infrastructure management plans
- Applies facilities planning criteria to facilitate planning actions including capital improvement projects.
- Prepares project narratives, site plans, site approval documents, and environmental checklists for capital improvement projects.
- Prepares basic facility requirements (BFR) such as Programs for Design (PFDs) using standardized procedures to determine space requirements for various customers and mission requirements.
Education: Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices & techniques of strategic planning.
- Demonstrates experience with large-scale campus planning, community or city planning..
- Knowledge and familiarity in project development and construction processes.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection.
- Knowledge of effective writing techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well- defined planning problems.
- Group facilitation skills for use with stakeholder and community workshops.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include expertise in MS Office Applications, and Internet applications, , is desirable.
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: