Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. We are seeking a Machinist to support a Department of Defense contract aimed at rapid prototyping and testing of new systems. This position is located at a customer site in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
As the Machinist, you will perform the fabrication of parts for integration into communications-electronics military systems. You will work with engineers, drafters, and technicians to fabricate parts, and provide input/feedback to design changes. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen attention to detail and provide effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and standardized work processes.
• Fabricate components for complex systems such as military shelters, aircraft, and ground vehicles
• Set up and operate machine tools to make prototype parts
• Work from engineering drawings
• Travel up to 10% to CONUS and OCONUS locations
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma
• 2-4 years' experience working as a machinist
• Able to set up and operate the full range of machine tools found in well-equipped prototype development shop, to include CNC, drill press, lathe
• Able to work from engineering design drawings and technical specifications
• Able to maintain dimensional accuracy during machining process through the use of measuring instruments
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Per contractual requirements, US Citizenship is required and able to obtain a Secret security clearance. Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in the manufacture of communications-electronics or military systems
• Experience using ProtoTRAK controlled equipment
• Knowledge of computer aided manufacturing (CAM) operation
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: