Leidos is currently looking for a Deputy Construction Manager to support the P219 Program in Alice Springs, Australia. The Deputy Construction Manager (DCM) is a senior manager and member of the OASIS Management Team, whom has varying leadership responsibilities for a team of Project Manager's. The DCM is responsible for planning and managing support staff in the execution and completion of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) construction projects and task orders. The DCM will play a key role in scheduling active projects, coordinating resources, and influence the future roadmap efforts. Tasks of various types including design and construction projects of both large and small scope. The DCM must have well developed communication and liaison skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple activities between numerous disparate stakeholders in an effective and efficient manner. The DCM will need to work in a structured, fast pace team environment, interacting with many site personnel (including customers) and contractors on a daily basis. The DCM will also fill the role of Deputy or 2IC to the Leidos Program Manager over the P219 program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with the stakeholders and site personnel to ensure effective project management and delivery.
• Manage contracts, undertake negotiations, and participate in the tendering of contracts for projects as required.
• Establish and maintain a work plan and staffing for the Projects and Construction department and arrangement assignment of project personnel
• Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice
• Foster and maintain a culture of professionalism, customer focus, and innovation
• Oversee various budgets, ensuring financial accountability of project personnel
• Review and update procedures to allow for improvement
• Develop and review project briefs and statement of work
• Aid in the development of new strategies and plans for future operational support
• Help customers develop their project scope and obtain mutual agreement
• Perform additional program management and administrative duties as required
eeExternal referral eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent
• Top Secret/SCI with CI poly
• 5 years of experience construction/project management
• Microsoft Office Suite proficient
• Experience providing high quality customer services
• Experience working as part of a dedicated team
• History of driving opportunities for positive change
• Ability to drive innovation, collaboration on divergent points of view while encouraging creativity
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects within established procedures, with the focus on quality documentation records
• Demonstrated well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to plan future projects in line with predicted operational requirements.
• Ability and experience in mentoring, coaching and training of personnel
• Understanding and commitment to the principles of workplace diversity and equity, and occupational health and safety
• Experience building and sustaining high performing integrated teams
• Proficient knowledge and experience in the use of project management concepts to manage cost, schedule, scope, risk, deliverables and related metrics.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Certificate IV in Business (Frontline Management)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• CPR / First Aid certification
• Commitment to self-improvement with a focus on qualifications/skills update and contemporary industry practices
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel