Are you excited to discover and adapt new signal processing algorithms to meet evolving needs? Are you looking to work alongside experts and scientists who share your technical background, passion, and intellectual curiosity? Are you a continual learner, quickly adapting your experience to new problems and filling in the gaps in your knowledge as needed? If you answer yes, this is the role for you! Today, Electronic Warfare is a still-growing enterprise - in protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. You'll be part of a team focused on improving the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments in a fast changing arena.
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Intern to support programs in Arlington, VA with opportunities for a motivated candidate to lead tasks and/or efforts. Bring your experience and knowledge of signal processing, linear algebra, probability, stochastic processes, spectral estimation, and/or signal detection and estimation to develop, model, and evaluate the performance of techniques for sensors in challenging sensing environments. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future programs in the areas of Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, and Electronic Support. You'll also get to work alongside scientists and field experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
- Work in small teams or individually to achieve program success
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to team and management as appropriate
- Take direction from Team or Task Lead
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
-Must be enrolled in Bachelor's Degree program in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science,
Mathematics or related field, and have completed at least 1 year of curriculum with a minimum 3.0 GPA
-Experience with Matlab, C/C++, Simulink, or similar language
-Proven record of innovation for both posing and solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation, and tracking related problems (commensurate with
-Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
-US Citizenship is required and must be eligible to obtain DoD secret security clearance.
-Pursuing higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
-Preferred: Secret or higher-level clearance
-Analytical skills and experience in the areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and/or stochastic
- Academic projects focused on application of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or