Leidos Energy & Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer Intern in Framingham, MA. This strategically important position will have a large impact on an already successful organization. Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will work with client standards to implement engineering designs. The Electrical Engineer Intern will be responsible for design related activities associated with electric distribution facilities. Responsibilities:
• Applying the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
• Working with client standards to implement design
• Working with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
• Must be currently enrolled (as a Junior or Senior) in an accredited Electrical Engineering degree program and have 0-2 years experience
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Candidates must be able to walk at least one mile, swing a 3lb hammer, and execute field work on a daily basis.
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency