Leidos has a career opening for a Benefits Specialist located in Reston, VA.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Review collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) and summarize key terms, issues & concerns re: Benefits (Health & Welfare and Retirement) provisions and
-Ensure that the appropriate Benefits SMEs are informed/updated re: any issues
-Understand implications of decisions on Benefit plan design and cost
-Work with Finance & other stakeholders to ensure understanding of how Benefits changes could impact program costs and overhead rates
• Provide comparative analyses between Leidos standard Benefit offerings (health, retirement, paid time off, etc.) against those described in the CBAs (and other Leidos bargained population benefits); in other large non-bargaining unit capture activities; or in Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activities.
• Work with Centers of Excellence (COEs) to have general understanding of how unique benefit requirements from CBA's, other capture activity, or M&A actions under review could impact other stakeholders (e.g., Payroll, Costpoint/Time entry, IT, Workday, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
• Act as the point of contact between the Benefits team and our Labor Relations team and HR business partners on Benefits issues
• Assist with communication efforts for Benefits through our Labor Relations team for pre-approvals
• Assist with escalated grievances or employee issues relating to Benefits
• Work with Benefits SMEs, COEs and vendors when bringing new or modified benefits into the Leidos Benefits stream, assisting with design, testing, rollout, etc.
• Assist with other Benefits related tasks on an as needed basis (e.g., re: annual Benefits enrollment, annual retirement plans testing, payroll resolution issues, communication materials).
• Bachelor's Degree with 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience in benefits or as an HR generalist with labor relations experience in the benefits area
• Subject matter expertise in the areas of Health & Welfare and Retirement benefits; experience with Mergers and Acquisitions; and Service Contract Act requirements
• Experience with global/international unions
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to see the strategic "big picture" but solve problems practically and efficiently
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: