Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Privacy Analyst to join our in-house legal department in Reston, VA. In this role, you will focus on U.S. and European privacy / data protection-related matters.
- Assist the Global Privacy Office (GPO) in the administration, management, and development of Leidos' global data protection compliance program, including EU GDPR and HIPAA compliance.
- Launch and review data mapping questionnaires, Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).
- Manage investigations, logging, reporting and coordination of incidents involving personal information.
- Work closely with the Chief Privacy Officer and other members of the GPO to review various business initiatives, projects and proposals.
- Keep abreast of current developments in privacy laws, regulations and industry standards relevant to Leidos.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in various corporate functions and lines of business to analyze and respond to privacy-related issues and questions.
- Facilitate discussions with business teams and educate them about applicable privacy/data protection laws.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (such as Program Managers, HR professionals and Information Technology teams) to develop best practices, such as Privacy by Design.
- Assist and coordinate with Information Security team in issuing vendor and service provider assessments.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 8 years of experience in a privacy, data protection, and / or information security compliance role.
- Must have at least one of the following professional certifications: CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM, CIPP/C, CISSP.
- Excellent working knowledge of privacy and data protection laws, including the GDPR and HIPAA.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and making recommendations to remediate risk.
- Knowledge of information lifecycle management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver clear, practical, and pragmatic written and oral communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience working for a U.S. federal government contractor and multinational company.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: