The Defense and Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Outside Plant Manager to work in the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Service Provider Enterprise Transport Management organization. In this mission we manage Local Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network/Wide Area Network Connectivity, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) technology for Long Haul and Point to Point Communications. We will operate, maintain, deploy, and manage an existing Government furnished network infrastructure. A majority of the tasks will be within the National Capital Region.
Lead for outside cable maintenance. Single point of contact for managing outside cable plant within the all the Manholes, Handholes (MH, HH) on the Pentagon reservation, Mark Center and the NCR outlying locations under ITA's purview.
• A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience. Years of work experience may be substituted one for one with college years.
• Must have an active Secret clearance
• Five (5) or more recent/current year's professional experience within the designated SME area beyond BA/BS or equivalence (except where otherwise specifically noted). Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current years' experience working in an IT environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this task order.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current year's working knowledge of large, complex IT environments; same or similar to this task order.
• Capable of learning outside plant permit process required for construction work done on the Pentagon Reservation; handling and managing incidents and problems impacting the outside plant infrastructure; capable of working in an outdoor environment daily; capable of passing Confined Space Training.
• Knowledge or equivalent current experience (3 to 5 years) of industry standards and BISCI - Outside Plant Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD); knowledge of outside plant cabling installation procedures, decommissioning procedures and maintenance procedures for MH, HH and related outside plant infrastructure; knowledge of maintaining MH, HH and related outside plant infrastructure; knowledge in making duct assignments in MH, HH and related outside plant infrastructure; knowledge of securing MH, HH and related outside plant infrastructure; leading program reviews with customer, discuss cost, schedules, and technical performance; current experience (3 to 5 years) coordinating, installing, operating and maintaining cables installations within MH, HH and related outside plant infrastructure; current experience (3 to 5 years). providing day to day support to respond to documenting, tracking, resolving and managing issues, concerns, questions and requests.