The Defense and Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer to work as a Subject Matter Expert in the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Service Provider, Enterprise Transport Management organization. In this mission we manage Local Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network/Wide Area Network Connectivity, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) technology for Long Haul and Point to Point Communications. We will operate, maintain, deploy, and manage an existing Government furnished network infrastructure. A majority of the tasks will be within the National Capital Region.
Design routed and switched IP wired and wireless network infrastructure. Architect network information systems for specific projects and present recommendations.
Support the implementation of contemporary IP network-based communications, collaboration, virtualization and mobile systems.
• A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience. Years of work experience may be substituted one for one with college years
• Must have a TS/SCI clearance.
• BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Recent/current years professional experience within the designated SME area beyond BA/BS or equivalence (except where otherwise specifically noted).
• Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current years' experience working in an IT environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this task order. Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current year's working knowledge of large, complex IT environments; same or similar to this task order.
• Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining a routed and switched IP wired and wireless network infrastructure based on an understanding of core networking concepts and industry best practices; designing, implement and maintain major network systems and services such as active directory, email, DNS, servers, clients and data storage based on an understanding of core information systems concepts and industry best practices; visualizing, communicate and document technology related to consumer, service provider and industry requirements, trends and use cases; experience in articulating, implementing and support contemporary IP network-based communications, collaboration, virtualization and mobile systems and services; knowledge of DOD network and system security requirements.
• Ability to select and architect the most appropriate network, information systems and technologies to meet the requirements of specific projects and communicate these decisions clearly in written and oral format; DOD network and system security requirements.