This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Service Provider Enterprise Transport Management organization. In this mission we manage Local Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network/Wide Area Network Connectivity, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) technology for Long Haul and Point to Point Communications. We will operate, maintain, deploy, and manage an existing Government furnished network infrastructure. A majority of the tasks will be within the National Capital Region.
Lead for Transport infrastructure O&M, OPS Engineering, CM, Change Mgmt, Asset Mgmt. NOC, ISP/OSP, Voice, Security, COOP, Mgmt System. Provide customer with day-to-day support responding to, documenting, tracking, resolving and managing customer issues, questions and request. Handle and manage incidents and service requests for activities such as changes, problems, configurations, and requisitions for equipment and services.
• A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience. Years of work experience may be substituted one for one with college years.
• Must have a TS/SCI.
• Five (5) or more recent/current year's professional experience within the designated SME area beyond BA/BS or equivalence (except where otherwise specifically noted). Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current years' experience working in an IT environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this task order. Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current year's working knowledge of large, complex IT environments; same or similar to this task order.
• Handling and managing incidents and service requests for activities such as changes, problems, configurations, and requisitions for equipment and services; utilization of monitoring tools to provide both reactive and proactive support for the clients network and systems infrastructure; knowledge of ITSM best practices; help desk support and operation in a DoD Information Technology environment; networking and network-based software applications.
• Working experience with providing customers with day-to-day support by responding to, documenting, tracking, resolving and managing customer issues, question, and requests; excellence in planning, directing, and managing Information Technology operations help desks in an organization similar in size to JSP; successful working knowledge and supervision of help desk employees in efforts similar in size and scope as referenced under this Task Order; experience operating and maintaining Tier 3 functions; expert knowledge in translating high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community; ITIL framework (currently v3).
• Security+ CE
• Help Desk Institute (HDI) Support Center Manager or equivalent certification
• ITIL (V3)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel