The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an Asset and Configuration Manager in the National Capital Region. Exact position location within the NCR to be determined.
Leidos is seeking an Asset and Configuration Manager in support of the Department of Navy (DON) Next Generation Enterprise Network Recompete (NGEN-R) contract with responsibility for overall tracking and control of configuration items and assets ensuring changes are assessed, approved, and implemented in a controlled manner in order to maintain the integrity of all identified configuration items (CIs) throughout it's life cycle providing operational compliance and cost visibility. The Asset and Configuration Manager will have oversight of all asset and configuration management activities for the Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI), which supports over 800,000 users ensuring Asset Management related service level agreement (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI) are achieved. This includes assets within the NMCI or Marine Corp Enterprise Network (MCEN) core networks, as well as NMCI-connected environments, such as DMZs, eDMZs, COIs, application hosting facilities, and connected legacy devices.
• Serve as the Leidos primary interface for all asset and configuration management activities for the NMCI and MCEN networks. • Lead the development, implementation, and compliance with Asset, Change and Configuration Management Plans.
• Ensure utilization of Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)-compliant automated tool that incorporates active and passive discovery scanning to inventory and obtain configuration of IT assets.
• Lead the performance of on-site inspections to validate inventory.
• Establish, maintain, and promulgate change schedules containing details of the approved changes and their proposed deployment dates.
• Establish and maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to record, track and report the status of DON CIs and modifications.
• Provide direction for developing Request for Change (RFC) protocol for all changes.
• Maintain and manages the CMDB to ensure Department of Navy (DON) configuration items (CIs) and associated modified are properly recorded, tracked and status reported within the CMDB.
• Maintain and updates the Technical Baselines and associated Integrated Architecture Products.
• Provide direction and guidance on the required process for achieving Asset Management related SLR's and KPI's.
• Perform annual configuration audits to validate the system is accurately represented in the DON Next Generation (NGEN) Technical Baselines, Integrated Architecture Products, and design and installation documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated Asset and Configuration Management experience in support of a large-scale enterprise.
• Demonstrated experience in the planning, developing, and execution of asset and configuration management process in compliance with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) best practices.
• Experience with ITSM solutions such as BMC Remedy or Service Now.
• Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• ITIL Foundation or Intermediate certification.
• Prior DON NGEN / NMCI Asset and Configuration Management experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel