The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Database Administrator in Bagram, Afghanistan supporting the Biometrics Automated Toolset - Army (BAT-A) Sustainment contract.
This new four year program provides operations, maintenance, software engineering services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the BAT-A system. These services focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. BAT-A is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of biometrics to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the BAT-A program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the BAT-A wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission. The BAT-A Database Administrator is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the biometric databases. The successful candidate will communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and serving as the resident database expert for users. Complete daily cross enclave maintenance, synchronization and publishing of required program data. Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems and defining requirements. Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
• Administer database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
• Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
• Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
• Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation.
• Maintain database dictionaries and documents JCL, shell scripts and batch processes.
• Ensure documentation is complete and up-to-date. Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup.
• Monitor the replication schema.
• Control access permissions and privileges.
• Develop and implement database monitoring tools.
• Troubleshoot, track, and monitor data flow.
• Support daily data mining requests, product development, database development, special projects development.
• Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
• Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of combined database with systems administration or other relevant IT experience. 8 additional years for a total of 16 years of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Demonstrated Microsoft SQL server administration experience and familiarity with MS SQL syntax.
• Ability to install and maintain MS SQL Server 2000 & 2005.
• Experience with and knowledge of advanced data mining techniques.
• Ability to create data maps and load data and databases onto servers.
• Experience with scripting for the purposes of data manipulation and automating redundant tasks.
• Fully proficient in the use of PC's and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
• Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Aptitude for learning new scripting languages and database syntax and the ability to implement those new skills.
• Previous experience with biometric applications in support of GWOT.
• Knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
• Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission, and responsibilities.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel