The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos has a career opening for a Graph Analytics/Machine Learning Senior Researcher located in Arlington, VA. The job of the Graph Analytics/Machine Learning Senior Researcher is to perform in a demanding, high-energy position requiring flexibility and innovative technical solutions to the challenges of processing, interpreting, analyzing, and performing inference over large volumes of heterogeneous data, including text, images and other media. We are seeking individuals with a unique blend of research and operational experience, in order to apply machine learning models and graph analytic approaches to diverse problems in complex environments given sparse or limited training data. This candidate will provide research direction and project leadership, develop innovative concepts for further exploration, and implement solutions that extend the state of the art for applications that range from automatic image recognition to text classification.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Independently design and undertake new research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations.
- Develop topic descriptions for creative and innovative approaches to solving challenges.
- Provide leadership & organization to other team members.
- Design and implement secure, scalable, graph-based, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture, with the objective of researching and developing semi- and fully automated approaches applicable across multiple domains.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- At least three years of specialized experience innovating analytical techniques and performing analytical functions using machine-learning libraries and approaches.
- Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond them.
- Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects.
- Strong data analysis skills using R or a comparable platform, and one programming language, e.g. Python, Perl, C/C++, Java.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Advanced degree in computer science (Ph.D highly desired) or a related discipline. 8 years of overall experience is preferred.
- TS/SCI clearance.
- Strong record of publication in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or related discipline.
- Prior experience as a project lead, preferably as PI.
- Familiarity with multiple approaches to representing and developing solutions using probabilistic graphical models (Bayes Nets, CRFs, MLNs, PSL) using techniques like statistical relational learning for problems such as causal discovery, temporal dependence, structure mapping and link/evidence prediction.
- Familiarity with multiple state of the art approaches to machine learning (unsupervised, semi-supervised, supervised, transfer) and existing libraries for implementing these approaches (e.g., CUDA, Caffe, Theano, Torch, Nvidia Digits)
- Prior experience with a few of the following models: Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, (Deep) Neural Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Markov Logic Nets, Probabilistic Soft Logic
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: