The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Researcher specializing in Machine Learning located in Arlington, VA. The job of the Machine Learning (ML) Senior Researcher is to perform in a demanding, high-energy position requiring flexibility and innovative technical solutions to the challenges of processing, interpreting and analyzing large volumes of data, including text, images and other media. We are seeking individuals with a unique blend of research and operational experience, in order to apply machine learning models and deep learning approaches to the problem of recognition in complex environments given sparse or limited training data. The ML Senior Researcher will provide research direction and project leadership, develop innovative concepts for further exploration, and implement solutions that extend the state of the art for applications that range from automatic image recognition to text classification.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Independently design and undertake new research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations.
• Develop topic descriptions for creative and innovative approaches to solving challenges.
• Provide leadership & organization to other team members.
• Design and implement secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture, with the objective of researching and developing machine learning approaches, especially deep learning, applicable across multiple domains.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree and 9+ years of related experience.
• At least three years of specialized experience innovating analytical techniques and performing analytical functions using machine-learning libraries and approaches.
• Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond them.
• Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects.
• Strong data analysis skills using R or a comparable platform, and one programming language, e.g. Python, Perl, C/C++, Java.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Advanced degree in machine learning (Ph.D highly desired) or a related discipline, such as artificial intelligence with 8 years of overall experience is preferred.
• TS/SCI clearance.
• PhD in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence with publication track record.
• Prior experience as a project lead, preferably as PI.
• Familiarity with existing deep learning libraries (e.g., CUDA, Caffe, Theano, Torch, Nvidia Digits).
• Prior experience with a few of the following models: Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, (Deep) Neural Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Latent Dirichlet Allocation.
• Experience in GPU development (including GPGPU iOS).