Leidos is seeking a NiFi Developer to join a Cross Domain Transfer Services (CDTS) team. The candidate requires a DoD Top Secret, SCI eligible security clearance and will work on Patrick AFB, FL at the government customer site. The CDTS team supports the customers by providing life cycle support for the CDTS utilizing cross domain guard technologies both government off-the-shelf (GOTS) and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), including data diodes, NiagraFiles (Nifi) Framework, Information Support Server Environment (ISSE) and High Speed Guard (HSG). Additional CDS technologies may also be implemented in the future but have not been determined at this time. DISA CDS provides controlled, secure, accredited, and interoperable information transfer and network defense capabilities for the Department of Defense (DoD) that enable the exchange of data between network enclaves of different security levels worldwide. The CDTS team is responsible for providing data management support, including technical support, testing, lifecycle management and system administration, to maintain and sustain the cross-domain data transfer subsystems critical to the operation of a 24x7 mission system. The candidate will work the team to ensure that the data flow, critical to the operations of the mission, is timely, accurate, and secure.
The NiFi developer will be responsible for supporting the data transformation, marking, tagging, and validation of collected data for distribution to end consumers in an Agile (Scrum) environment. The software is developed in Java using NIAGRAFILES Framework. Candidate will also support system engineering activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop unit and integration tests that augment formal component and integration testing, documentation, and support the Data Flow Managers. The candidate will be engaged in all phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle for the CDTS team.
The activities include CDTS operations and support, engineering, test, integration, solution fielding/installation, operations and sustainment support, and evaluation of new technologies. Responsibilities also include technical writing and editing of requirements documentation, test plans, user guides, and process and procedures.
- DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field of study and 8-12 year of prior relevant experience. In lieu of degree, certifications and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- IAT Level II certification, as defined in the DoD 8570.01 IA Workforce Improvement Program (i.e. CompTIA Security+ certification), must be earned within 6 months of hire date.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work in a team environment to include customer and contractor technical, end users, and management team members.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and the ability to perform continuous research and analysis and support technology evaluations.
- Experience with Middle Tier development
- Experience in the following: J2EE, NiFi development, Oracle/SQL, Network Protocol (PKI) understanding, and XML
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., ClearCase, Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Rational Team Concert, Jira).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Exposure to Information Support Server Environment (ISSE), and High Speed Guard (HSG).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel