Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn's 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking talented Software Engineers to join our team in enhancing our live streaming video applications and services, which are in active use by our global customers. This opportunity could be located in Dayton, OH or Charlottesville, VA.
- Design, develop, and debug mission critical software source code.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- Research and integrate new technologies into our development and production systems.
- Write and prototype API specifications for Test-Driven Development.
- Serve as technical lead for small projects and mentor other engineers.
- Work on the hardest open problems in live-streamed video.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience (experience may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Strong proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java, C++, etc.).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience with Spring or video transcoding.
- Prior work or hobbyist projects with ffmpeg, libdash, or angular.js.
- QT and/or web graphical user interface development experience.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: