Leidos is seeking a Cross Domain Systems Engineer to join the Cross Domain Transfer Services (CDTS) team. The candidate requires a DoD Top Secret, SCI eligible security clearance and will work on Patrick AFB, FL at the government customer site. The team is responsible for providing data management support, including technical support, testing, lifecycle management and system administration, to maintain and sustain the cross-domain data transfer subsystems critical to the operation of a 24x7 mission system. The candidate will ensure and enforce data transfer and data management policies and procedures are adhered to for all data flow through the cross domain transfer subsystems. Additional, the candidate will work the team to ensure that the data flow, critical to the operations of the mission, is timely, accurate, and secure.
The candidate will be engaged in all phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle for the Air Force Technical Application Center's (AFTAC) Cross Domain Services (CDS). The CDS team supports the AFTAC customers by providing life cycle support for the CDS utilizing cross domain guard technologies both government off-the-shelf (GOTS) and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), including data diodes, NiagraFiles (Nifi) Framework, Information Support Server Environment (ISSE) and High Speed Guard (HSG). Additional CDS technologies may also be implemented in the future but have not been determined at this time. DISA CDS provides controlled, secure, accredited, and interoperable information transfer and network defense capabilities for the Department of Defense (DoD) that enable the exchange of data between network enclaves of different security levels worldwide.
The activities include CDS operations and support, CDS engineering, test, integration, solution fielding/installation, operations and sustainment support, and evaluation of new CDS technologies. These activities ensure the success of various levels of acceptance and security testing that achieve inter-agency approvals for installation and operation of DoD's cross domain enterprise guarding solutions. Responsibilities also include technical writing and editing of requirements documentation, software release notes, test plans, user guides, process and procedures, security plans, and project plans.
- DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance required
- Bachelors Degree in an Information Technology (IT) field of study and 8-12 year of prior relevant experience. In lieu of degree, certifications and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- IAT Level II certification, as defined in the DoD 8570.01 IA Workforce Improvement Program (i.e. CompTIA Security+ certification), must be earned within 6 months of hire date.
- Minimum 2 years of cross domain solutions experience.
- Experience with trusted systems/cross domain guard technologies to include data diodes, Information Support Server Environment (ISSE), and High Speed Guard (HSG).
- Knowledge of DoD processes, policies and guidance.
- Strong working knowledge of NIST SP 800-53 Rev 4.
- Experience with Red Hat 6/7
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work in a team environment to include customer and contractor technical, end users, and management team members.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and the ability to perform continuous research and analysis and support technology evaluations.
- CISSP certified
- Information Assurance experience.
- Demonstrated general experience of a research, development, information systems engineering or information operations nature and have a demonstrated ability to apply principles and methods of information technology in problems dealing with information security and information assurance.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., ClearCase, Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Rational Team Concert, Jira).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience with virtualized environments.
Experience with and Solaris Unix 10/11
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel