Leidos is seeking a System Administrator to join a Cross Domain Transfer Services (CDTS) team. The candidate requires a DoD Top Secret, SCI eligible security clearance and will work on Patrick AFB, FL at the government customer site. The CDTS team supports the customers by providing life cycle support for the CDTS utilizing cross domain guard technologies both government off-the-shelf (GOTS) and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), including data diodes, NiagraFiles (Nifi) Framework, Information Support Server Environment (ISSE) and High Speed Guard (HSG). Additional CDS technologies may also be implemented in the future but have not been determined at this time. DISA CDS provides controlled, secure, accredited, and interoperable information transfer and network defense capabilities for the Department of Defense (DoD) that enable the exchange of data between network enclaves of different security levels worldwide. The CDTS team is responsible for providing data management support, including technical support, testing, lifecycle management and system administration, to maintain and sustain the cross-domain data transfer subsystems critical to the operation of a 24x7 mission system. The candidate will work the team to ensure that the data flow, critical to the operations of the mission, is timely, accurate, and secure.
The candidate will provide system administration/engineering provide support in a manner that ensures minimal to no service disruption. Specifically, the candidate is responsible for the bi-directional Transfer between multiple networks of different classification levels, transmission protocol types and partner organizations. Candidate will work in the RedHat/CentOS 6 and 7 in a virtual machine environment and will manage user account, install and configure CDTS servers, handle kernel parameter and disk partition modification, provide client-server support, apply COTS and GOTS software and hardware patches and upgrades, and troubleshoot.
Candidate will with the CDTS team on system engineering, NiFi development, and data flow management activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop unit and integration tests that augment formal component and integration testing, documentation, and support the CDTS team. Activities will also include CDTS operations and support, engineering, test, integration, solution fielding/installation, operations and sustainment support, and evaluation of new technologies. The candidate will also assist with technical writing and editing of requirements documentation, test plans, user guides, and process and procedures.
- DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance required
- Bachelors Degree in an Information Technology (IT) field of study and 8-12 year of prior relevant experience. In lieu of degree, certifications and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- IAT Level II certification, as defined in the DoD 8570.01 IA Workforce Improvement Program (i.e. CompTIA Security+ certification), must be earned within 6 months of hire date.
- Minimum of 2 years of operating and maintaining cross domain equipment, filters, guards, rule sets, and certifications. Includes installing, administering, maintaining, and auditing cross domain guard devices such as Information Support Server Environment (ISSE), and High Speed Guard (HSG).
- Experience with administering RedHat/CentOS 6/7
- Experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Experienced with scripting languages
- Knowledge of bi-directional transfer between multiple networks of different classification levels, transmission protocol types and partner organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work in a team environment to include customer and contractor technical, end users, and management team members.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and the ability to perform continuous research and analysis and support technology evaluations.
- Work with VMware vCenter and ESXi
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Rational Team Concert, Jira).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel