Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we'll unleash your talents to solve most challenging technical problems.
The Leidos Advanced Solutions Group Leidos is seeking Open Source Analysts (both mid-level to senior level) to provide monitoring and analysis of open source and social media data. Our analysts work closely with our customers and an internal team of software developers and data scientists to solve new and emerging challenges. These positions are based at USSOUTHCOM in Miami, FL.
If these excite you then keep reading:
- Conduct strategic, tactical, and operational analysis of various publicly available data sources and unconventional deep and dark web sources with the purpose of assessing potential threats and opportunities to our customers' interests.
- Conduct analysis, provide assessments and examine public unstructured data sets.
- Seek improvement in methodologies used and create new solutions - based on subject matter expertise in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program.
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from customers by collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports.
- Define requirements for enhancement to collection and analytics platform, and participate in acceptance testing.
To be successful in this role you need these skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and at least 4 years of experience as an intelligence analyst or data collector
- Must be a US Citizen with a current Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Experience with open source research, including social media and big data exploitation
- Experience with Boolean logic, natural language processing, social media analytics, data correlation, and data visualizations
- Proven experience with statistical data mining techniques
- Ability to script analyses and write algorithms to partially automate tasks
- Ability to write reports, format and populate dashboards, and provide context to data
- Ability to work one-on-one and as a contributor to a team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Spoken or written fluency in a language other than English
- Proven experience with software development techniques
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability is desired. We are seeking individuals with a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Individual must be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems security engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: