Do you have experience working with the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)? Join Leidos and help us achieve our mission: Make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to support a full spectrum of engineering activities for our UAS engineering programs. The position is located in Huntsville, Alabama; relocation assistance is available. An active Secret clearance is required for this position as well as travel to customer sites 25% of the time.
The Senior Project Engineer will support the Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) program and the Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) program. You will lead the cross-functional activities of the engineering team and interface with Government personnel to identify required activities.
Your daily tasks would include:
- Utilizing standard engineering methodologies, processes and tools to provide solutions for design, integration and test preparation, systems assessment and deployment, risk assessment, mitigation planning, etc.
- Collaboration with the Government personnel and subcontractors to plan and review deliverables
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a technical expert to ensure successful project engineering for all facets of the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs
- Perform top level design tasks using systems engineering methodology to derive requirements and systems impacts
- Create systems engineering document trees
- Plan and lead integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks
- Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design
- Develop test plans aimed to ensure customer driven requirements are met
- Create and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams
- Contribute to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities
- Support developing proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, and specifications required to support contracts
- Coordinate and communicate with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, internal/external customers, and leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and 10-15 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret clearance
- Extensive U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) engineering experience to provide technical oversight and problem solving for programs
- Experience leading IPTs or smaller task teams
- Experience coordinating with hardware and software vendors for successful systems integration and testing
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Experience developing project engineering requirements
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Master's Degree
- Proposals development and capture management experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.)
- Report and/or technical writing skills
- Experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities