The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer with U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) engineering experience to provide technical problem solving for Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs. This position will be located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
Member of an Engineering Team supporting UAS systems that includes software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and a full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management. Engineering activities include requirements analysis, design, functional testing, and all associated documentation.
The candidate will coordinate activities to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. Standard engineering methodologies, processes and tools will be used to accomplish problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, and subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment will be required. The candidate will be required to interface with internal personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Candidate selected is expected to travel up to 25%.
The individual will have a strong background in the UAS field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software. The selected candidate will have previous UAS engineering experience and/or relevant experience in a related field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a systems engineer for all facets of the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs.
- Experience engineering, integration and support of UAS to the US Army
- Participates in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications required to support the contract(s).
- Performs design tasks using systems engineering methodology to derive requirements and systems impacts.
- Creates systems engineering document trees.
- Identifies engineering issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
- Contributes to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks
- Develops and transforms low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design.
- Develops test plans that validate customer driven requirements are met
- Develops and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams
- Coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- BS degree in Engineering and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a complex weapons system including technology processes and projects.
- Experience coordinating with Third-Party Hardware and Software Vendors for successful systems integration and testing.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Demonstrate previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives.
- Experience developing Systems requirements.
- Experience leading IPTs or smaller task teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Active Secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- MS Degree
- Experience in the development of proposals and capture management
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.)
- Report and/or technical writing skills
- Development Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: