No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs! Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeking a BMC Remedy® and database administrator. The BMC Remedy Administrator will provide leadership in design, automation, enhancements, upgrades, implementation, and maintenance support to an ITIL-based contractor-provided and supported Remedy® Service Management System and IT Service Catalog System that includes a CMDB. The Administrator will develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines utilizing the existing Remedy modules up to version 9.x tools, including the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Service Level Management (SLM), and Service Request Management (SRM).
The Administrator will bring management and team leadership experience from the ITSM arena, as well as a strong BMC Remedy administration and development skills including the ability to manage the back-end database. It is expected the candidate will possess an understanding from a leadership perspective of Remedy ITSM development, Microsoft Database administration, and Remedy integration skills.
The Administrator will support efforts in collaboration with other agency stakeholders to identify and work with the Agency to enhance and maintain the existing Remedy applications. Familiarization with NRC processes and procedures and the use of workflows to customize.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design and implement business rules, workflows, form scripts, and otherwise configure or modify applications to meet NRC area business requirements
- Consult with the ITSM lead, business process owners and constituents to develop, analyze, and implement requirements
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to design and implement data feeds/interfaces with other systems, including databases, monitoring tools, LDAP, etc.
- Create and maintain system design documentation
- Develop and maintain procedural documents relating to the management of the platform
- Track, prioritize, and implement enhancement requests and defect corrections, while leveraging formal Change Management processes
- Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system operation meets performance targets
- Serve as administrator for the NRC ITSM tool (Remedy® Service Management System and IT
- Service Catalog System to include CMDB.
- Coordinate and perform application upgrades in partnership with vendors and internal colleagues, and provide application testing for applications
- Provide advanced application support to internal team members
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to other employees as necessary
- Providing "on call" support on a periodic basis as required.
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of relevant experience. An additional 4 years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- SQL Relational Database Administration experience with MSSQL
- 2+ years of experience enhancing and maintaining production applications
- This position requires successful completion of a NRC Public Trust security investigation resulting in clearance.
- This position is not eligible for telework. The position will be based at the NRC HQ in Rockville, MD.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work habits:
- Good work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge towards assigned tasks
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Relational database experience