Leidos, Inc., the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks a Marketing Coordinator whose duties will focus on the small business/small facility public and private sector customers. The Marketing Coordinator's primary responsibility is to lead the development and implementation of all sector marketing initiatives. Initiatives include but are not limited to advertising opportunities, direct marketing, digital media, special events and community outreach.
Under the direct leadership of the Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator works independently, as needed, and serves as a marketing lead with guidance from the Manager of Small Business Initiatives.
This role will work in collaboration with Small Business Initiative staff, subcontractors, and others to understand marketing requirements and assist in the development of key initiatives that drive participation in Ameren Illinois' business energy efficiency programs. This position will work alongside a very talented and growing marketing team.
• Leads the development and execution of bold, creative and integrated marketing initiatives for the business portfolio of programs, its incentives, and its educational offerings to meet performance goals in a cost-effective manner leveraging traditional and nontraditional strategies and tactics.
• Works with the Marketing Director to develop and evaluate business marketing strategies, based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and budget constraints.
• Responsible for quality control of business marketing collateral for consistency and accuracy, as well as effective messaging.
• Formulates, directs and coordinates business marketing activities to promote products and services, working with other outreach staff and program managers.
• Presents information on the program and available incentives to associations and groups, both internal and external.
• Coordinates and participates in promotional activities and special events in order to effectively market program incentives and benefits. May involve travel and working on an occasional weekend or evening as needed.
• Assists in the development of surveys to identify potential market segments and overall customer satisfaction.
• Continues to be flexible throughout the program year to adjust marketing strategies and tactics based on program needs.
• Coordinates online marketing initiatives and strategies including necessary website updates and email communications.
• Creates and tracks project timelines and budgets as assigned to ensure projects and tasks are completed on-time and on-budget.
• Works closely with the Marketing Director to develop messaging for the Business Program and its offerings, which are then communicated through print and online advertising initiatives, as well as promotional and outreach efforts.
• Works closely with the Manager of Small Business Initiatives on regular updates, reports, and strategic planning based on marketplace needs, feedback, and activity.
• Enforces brand standards to ensure quality control and consistency of brand messaging.
Required Experience & Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
• 2+ years of work experience in marketing or related field. Background in energy efficiency preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 2 years of project management experience.
• Demonstrated capability and success in development and execution of marketing strategies.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to engage a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Energetic, can-do attitude and will to succeed.
• Ability to follow instructions and desire to learn new skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail, quality and follow-through.
• Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service.
• College level math and English skills.
• Experience with record-keeping and organization of data.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud a plus.
• Some experience with design software preferred.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: