In our Dayton, Ohio office we are looking for an engineer or scientist to design, build and test new concepts in laser radar for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government, Leidos and academic researchers in a state-of-the-art optics facility at Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
Fun stuff you will be doing:
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for electro-optical experiments, based on provided objectives.
- Design and procure parts to support building, aligning and calibrating custom remote sensing hardware and utilizing test equipment, test instrument controls and data acquisition systems.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
- Design, integrate, and test remote sensing systems.
- The ideal candidate is an entrepreneur who works independently as well as with teams, learns new skills quickly, demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills, is organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
To be successful in this role you will need skills and experience in several of these areas:
- Master's Degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, systems engineering or equivalent related field and at least 2 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with operating infrared electro-optical equipment such as, lasers, detectors, sensors, cameras and characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Some experience with designing or characterizing optical systems such as telescopes.
- Experience with non-mechanical beam steering or direct detect ladar systems is a plus.
- Some experience in image processing and image enhancement algorithms.
- Experience with one or more of these software packages: MATLAB, Python, LabVIEW, Mathcad, Mathematica, Zemax or Solid Works.
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- You must be an experimentalist with strong mechanical skills, solid theoretical training, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: