No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos currently has an opening for a CAD Technician at NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio. The functions of those tasked to do GMS Design include spending 30% of the time assisting the GMS administrator maintaining and updating existing record drawings and 70% of the time assisting the Lead Surveyor with utility marking and locating of newly installed utilities.
• Occasionally prepare presentations, layout, and construction drawings for environmental, maintenance, and civil construction projects from survey data and engineers' sketches and verbal instructions.
• Provide occasional civil drafting support of construction projects and maintenance repairs under the direction of a staff civil engineer within the FD.
• Prepare drawings, complete engineering CAD revisions, sketches, and presentations with direction from the GMS administrator for Civil Engineers, Planners, and Project Managers.
• Develop existing, proposed topographic surfaces and alignments within Civil 3D software.
• Review existing real property data to assist in preliminary review of potential land transfers and easements as needed.
• Provide NASA recommendations to improve functionality and usability of record drawings based on new technology and products.
• Administrative duties including tracking hours worked on each task.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the art of surveying and operating a total-station
• A minimum of 3 years experience as a civil engineering technician skilled in the use of Autodesk mapping and design software and skilled in the development and use of a GIS
• Able to generate surfaces using AutoCAD civil 3D from field data recorded by the lead surveyor and proposed data from NASA Civil Engineer
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, an understanding of geospatial coordinate systems, and an awareness of basic construction safety practices.
• The preferred candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to successfully pass a basic background check.
• Candidate must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, for presentations, reports, and other uses.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: