Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves air traffic management for our international customers. Worldwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. Skyline is the product solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations and safety globally. Skyline provides a comprehensive integrated air traffic control and management system for customers in Korea, Albania, Kazakhstan, New Zealand, UK, and is expanding in Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Europe.
Skyline functions include:
• Radar tracking System and related decision tools
• Trajectory modeling system and related decision tools
• Electronic Flight Data Strips
• Enhanced Air Traffic Flow Management
• Replacement or integration of multiple systems in customer sites.
• Skyline will share data among: controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
Responsibilities as both a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Applying the Qt framework (based on C++) in order to develop software modules on front-end GUI applications
• Developing and maintaining the Skyline software within the object oriented environment (primarily C++/Qt) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Leading a team of 5-10 SW developers in the creation of high quality software within established project deadlines
• Modernizing the air traffic control user experience by improving the user interfaces for access to flight information
• Modernizing the air traffic control equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
• Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures and arrivals to improve flow efficiency.
• Providing support needed for system engineering
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level user stories
• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application
Typically requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Proficient in C++ programming on latest versions (C++ versions 11+)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: