Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. careC2™, a Leidos Health Products and Services business, is delivering on this mission with a next generation care coordination software solution that enables the healthcare enterprise to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of care. This single, consolidated environment for managing episodes of care with a real-time, common view for all care providers - including patients, families, clinicians and other care givers or coordinators - reduces variation and potential issues as it follows the patient through each phase of their medical care treatment, measuring how well the care providers are performing against and expected outcome. We are re-imagining how we provide visibility, oversight and management of patients across the entire care continuum that is based on consolidated views of the patient's priorities and holistic, actionable insights aimed at improving productivity and enhancing the patient experience.
We seek experienced health care disruptors driven to push the boundaries of what healthcare is and redefining aspects of the industry altogether. We need doers who want to run fast and shape a new product-line business that is well supported by a large, well-established and aggressively growing organization!
careC2™ is growing and we seek a Product Manager for our careC2 pathways™ product that is based in Reston, VA with remote work arrangements considered. Pathways is a robust monitoring, alerting and intervention solution to drive adherence to high-quality standards of care across the care continuum with an patient care episode.
This position plays an essential role in helping careC2™ support high quality delivery of solutions to a rapidly developing customer base. He/she will have the responsibility and autonomy over the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for the product line. The position may also include marketing, forecasting and profit & loss (P&L) support responsibilities. The Product Manager will document these responsibilities in a comprehensive product plan in collaboration with strategy, product quality and delivery, engineering and customer implementation teams. He/she is accountable for the end-to-end life cycle of the product and its performance within the market and our customers.
This is not a typical Product Manager role. We need experienced healthcare professionals who are well versed in "big company" solution delivery and customer implementations, but nimble and agile enough to excel in the ambiguity of a start-up environment. Above all, we need doers who can self-direct and are poised to disrupt and transform traditional healthcare models.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Activities span from strategic to tactical across the following objectives:
• Establishing a compelling product vision that is aligned with overall strategy, differentiated, and delivers unique value based on customer needs or demands.
• Defining what the product team will deliver and when it will be delivered. This includes creating a prioritized and thematic release plan that resonates in the market.
• Providing cross-functional leadership, most notably between sales / marketing and engineering teams, customer implementation and engineering teams, and strategy and customer implementation teams.
• Developing, updating, and communicating the product roadmap and product plan.
The Product Manager will assure market viable solutions are well-defined in comprehensive product plans. Such plans embody the understanding of market opportunities and needs, customer requirements and how to uniquely solve for them through a prioritized set of features. It is used to guide the engineering team in how and when to build the solution.
Product Managers will gather market and customer research, gather competitive intelligence and identify / communicate relevant industry trends. This is translated into a product definition that includes:
• Strategy and vision
• Feature definition and roadmap
• Release management and operating plan
• Sales and support training
The product definition is then incorporated into a go-to-market plan that includes:
• Competitive differentiation
• Product positioning and messaging
• Marketing and customer communications plans
• Product launches
• Product monitoring and maintenance plan
Flexibility to perform other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or technical discipline; Master's degree or Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
• 7+ years of relevant healthcare domain experience.
• 5+ years of domain expertise in clinical workflows, care planning and transitions of care.
• Proven knowledge of healthcare systems, designs, and regulatory concerns.
• Practical experience with the clinical workforce - the different needs in specialties, settings of care, health systems and geographies.
• Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of product requirements specifications, quality management and reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of go-to-market strategies and how they relate to customer and software implementation strategies.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, in a cross-functional and highly distributed team environment.
• Demonstrated high-level of integrity and business ethics; ability to model expected behaviors across teams.
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.
• Strong functional knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface effectively with the customer and internal stakeholders at all levels.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management